How to troubleshoot Failed to start Anchor Installation error?
Reasons for the error:
1. In rare scenarios Anchor agent uninstall might not remove all the services from the system. The user will see the below error if he tries to install a new version when the agent is in this state.
2. In rare scenarios Anchor agent install might get stuck. If the user reboots the PC in this state and then tries to install a new version he will see the below error.
This issue can be resolved by following the below steps:
1) Open the command prompt in admin mode and run the following commands one by one. If you do not have admin permissions then please contact your administrator.
Note: If services are present, you will see the DeleteService SUCCESS message on the command prompt.
If services are not present, you will see DeleteService FAILED message on the command prompt. Please go ahead with the next command as it is a valid message.
- sc delete datanchordt2
- sc delete datanchords2
- sc delete datanchorsupport
- sc delete datanchorisolate
- sc delete datanchorfilter
- sc delete datanchordaemon
- sc delete fesfpolicy
- sc delete datanchorscanner
- sc delete datanchorspyder
- sc delete datanchorexec
- sc delete datanchorbackup
- sc delete datanchormi
2) Delete the datanchor folder located at C:\Program Files\DAtAnchor Client
3) Delete datanchor registries
4) Reboot the system.
How to uninstall Anchor agent if uninstall app is not present in Windows start menu?
Reasons for the error: 1. In rare scenarios Anchor uninstall app might not be added properly to the Windows start menu during Anchor installation. Solution: In this scenario, the user can uninstall Anchor using the command prompt. 1) Open command ...
This article will demonstrate how to manually install and sign-in the Anchor desktop agent for windows 10/11. Steps Unzip the installer zip file you downloaded from the Anchor Admin Dashboard. You will find 2 ...
Command Line installation of Desktop Client
Note: All commands should be run on a Windows command prompt in Administrator mode or using admin credentials from a RMM Tool Please contact Anchor support to get your Organization ID/Name. Anchor installer package contains 2 executables. ...
Manual installation of Desktop Client
Unzip the installer zip file you downloaded from the Anchor Admin Dashboard. You will find 2 executables, DAtAnchorInstallerApp.exe and DAtAnchorSetup_v3.0.0.exe Double click on DAtAnchorInstallerApp.exe and enter the Organization ID/Name ...
One drive Integration with Anchor
One drive admin will need to follow the below steps to Enable One drive integration with Anchor. 1) Go to https://admin.onedrive.com/?v=SyncSettings. 2) Enable Block syncing of specific file types. 3) Add ...