How to auto-update Anchor?
Anchor users can now update the Anchor agent to a new version with just a few clicks. Once auto-update is enabled on the Admin dashboard, there are two ways to update the agent:
1) The Anchor agent will automatically detect that a new version is available and prompt the user to install the updates. Users can just click on Install and complete Auto-update.
2) Users can manually update the Anchor agent by following the below steps:
1. Open the Anchor tray app from the system tray by clicking on the Anchor icon
2. Click on the Help button in the tray app to Check and Install Update
3. A message will pop up with version details. Click on the Install button.
The below message is shown while installing updates
4. Users will see the below message once the update is done. Users can click on Learn More button to get more information regarding the new version.
- Users will see the below message if they are already on the latest version.
- Users will see the below message when they try to update while they have Anchored files open
How to enable Anchor agent auto-update on admin dashboard?
Anchor Administrators can now enable a minor Anchor version for auto-update with a single click. Follow the below steps to enable auto-update. To enable a release for auto-update, login to Anchor Admin Dashboard and navigate to the Installers tab. ...
Anchor Certified Application
What are Anchor Certified Applications? Anchor maintains a list of certified applications, which are applications that have been reviewed by Anchor to ensure plain text does not leak from their normal operations. Anchor allows the organization to ...
Anchor Authorized File Extensions
This article will discuss adding and removing Anchor authorized file extensions. Anchor will only encrypt and open files whose file extensions have been added in the Admin Dashboard as an authorized file extension. For a quick video tutorial click ...
One drive Integration with Anchor
One drive admin will need to follow the below steps to Enable One drive integration with Anchor. 1) Go to https://admin.onedrive.com/?v=SyncSettings. 2) Enable Block syncing of specific file types. 3) Add ...
The Anchor Platform
This article gives an introduction to the main components of the Anchor. The Anchor platform is comprised of multiple components: Windows 10 Agent: Enforce control over unstructured data located on endpoint machines. Server Agents: Anchor, monitor, ...