TrendMicro Antivirus compatibility issue
TrendMicro is not compatible with a significant number of other software solutions (see screenshots attached). We also found a few of articles supporting the same (links attached below) . Here are a few important observations we made during our Testing.
- When Mcafee is running alongside TrendMicro (no DataAnchor), Windows freezes/crashes and goes to the blue screen. We had to go to safe mode, uninstall Mcafee, and then when we looked into MemoryDump we found that Mcafee drivers were crashing because of TrendMicro.
- When Anchor is installed along with TrendMicro, Windows freezes. The only way we recovered was by going to safe mode and uninstall TrendMicro manually. Once we rebooted the system everything was back to normal.
- After uninstalling TrendMicro, we installed Anchor again and rebooted. Everything was working just fine (similar to all VMs and other machines at , internal testing enviroment and elsewhere).
Check these links regarding Compatibility of TrendMicor:
List of softwares not compatible with TrendMicro (there are so many, the listed ones below are merely those that start with A !!!):
We can resolve the compatibility issue by Whitelisting DatAnchor on TrendMicro Antivirus. Please follow this step to whitelist DatAnchor on TrendMicro.
1) Installed Datanchor
2) Installed TrendMicro
3) Whitelisted TrendMicro
1) Open TrendMicro app
2) Click on the Gear icon and go to Settings
3) Go to Exception List Tab, click on ADD->Browse and select Datanchor folder from C:>Program Files:>DAtAnchor Client
4) Click Apply