This article gives an overview of the user's menu and its features.
You will learn:
- What user permissions are.
- Which permissions Anchor users have access to.
- How to access user permissions.
- What Egnyte user permissions are.
- How to access Egnyte user permissions.
- Which permissions Egnyte users have access to.
- The different features of the Users tab in the Anchor dashboard.
- The different features of the configurations tab in the Anchor dashboard.
- How to use the folder structure in the Anchor dashboard.
- How to login to the Anchor dashboard.
What are user permissions?
Actions available for users when following file governance rules. Endpoint users have been given all permissions listed below:
Users can right-click on a file and navigate to the Anchor menu to use the above features:
What are Egnyte user permissions?
Egnyte user permissions have been integrated into Anchor.
Users can right-click on a file to access the above features:
The user's tab provides quick access to all the users within your organization that have access to Anchor protected content.
Navigating the Folder Structure
Step 1: To view protected folders and files in the dashboard, click on the Servers tab.
Step 2: Choose the server that contains your files by clicking on the plus sign to the left. This will allow you to expand and collapse rows. Click on your designated server.
Step 3: Click on the folder to the left to expand and collapse rows. By expanding rows, you can view the files or folders that are contained within a folder. You can find a file or folder by navigating through your folder structure, or you can use the User Files Search at the top of the page.
How to Login
Users may log in with or without Active Directory.
Step 1: Enter in your credentials. Click Log in.
Step 2: You will have access to the dashboard.